The patented Wedge Chuck Assembly is a direct
replacement and upgrade for the Acme-Gridley finger holder assembly. All
Nowak Wedge Chuck Assemblies are unparalleled in performance and longevity
in addition to being competitively priced.
- Patented wedge design insures full circle contact and equal drawing
pressure on the collet tube and collet resulting in improved concentricity.
- Angles and radii of matched set of wedges ride on the radius of the
removable wear ring. Matching radius to radius allows the wedges to rock
free when the collet tension is released.
- Centrifugal force of the spindle engages the holding pins that prevents
the outer housing from moving forward and wearing spool cam and guard.
- Pressure collar design permits more precise collet tension adjustment
due to increased number of adjustment holes on pressure collar face.
- Removal of the plug screw from the outer housing permits periodic lubrication
of the unit without having to remove the entire assembly from the spindle.
- Field testing and use has proven minimal component wear and replacement
required after years of service.
- All size ranges are shipped completely assembled and prelubricated for